All of that sounds good. And it is good.
But, sometimes, I get stuck on striving to make it all just right. Perfect, in fact.
This tends to make me so paralyzed that I just stop and end up not doing anything.
Not planning. Not starting.
Just being STUCK!
This is certainly not how I want to start the new year.
So, I am taking a different path this year.
The following is a list of things I will be focused on in 2015.
They are not hard and fast resolutions. Those make me stressed and stuck.
They don’t have deadlines. So, there is no pressure.
The focus is not on negatives. After all, I need and thrive on positives.
So here are the things I intend to do in 2015:
- Celebrate! When I have successes, I will take the time to celebrate. I will recognize that any small accomplishment moves me forward in my life.
- Prioritize. Make the important things the first things I do each day. Say ‘Yes’ to the things I truly value.
- Focus on one thing at a time. Multi-tasking is really a myth. We can only truly focus on one thing in any given moment. I will strive to honor this.
- Be present in each moment with the people I am with. Show them they are important to me.
- Limit social media. My real life is calling! Placing limits on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram will help me focus on the important.
- Allow down time. I need time for relaxation and renewal. This is not pampering, it is necessary.
- Do things that bring me joy! Plan to spend more time focused on things that make me smile and add value to my life.
- Accept God’s grace and mercy. This will keep me from being too hard on myself and allow me to give others grace, too.
- Be grateful. Strive to make a habit of giving thanks for the blessings I have everyday.
- Put God first. Always.
What are your intentions for the new year?